Pura Belpré Award
The REFORMA Northeast Chapter is proud to announce it is accepting nominations for the 2018 Pura Belpré Librarian of the Year Award for Outstanding Library Service to Latinos. Offered bi-annually, the award honors a librarian for his/her service and dedication to providing library services to Spanish-speaking and Latino communities. Deadline: April 30th 2018
Purpose of Award:
To recognize individuals who have provided outstanding library service to Latinos.
Criteria for Award:
Applications must be submitted from Monday, April 2, 2018 through Monday, April 30, 2018. Please note, the supporting statement must be one-page in length; written in narrative form; and comment on how the candidate:
● Distinguished her/himself in the library field and/or community at large;
● Promoted and advocated for services to Latinos and Spanish-speaking communities;
● Worked to fill a community need at a local, state, national, and/or international level; and
● Contributed to the REFORMA NE chapter and/or REFORMA National.
The RNE Chapter Pura Belpre Librarian Award Committee is responsible for:
● Making the formal award selection.
● Making sure the candidate is an active member of the REFORMA NE chapter
● Completing nominator and candidate information form
● Stating the qualifications for nominating a candidate
For more information on the award, including how to apply, please click on the links below:
- 2018 RNE Pura Belpré Award Announcement, Criteria and Guidelines
- 2018 RNE Pura Belpré Award Application Form
2016 RNE Pura Belpré Award: Libbhy Romero, Supervising Librarian, BookOps, LIC, New York.